Memorial Hospital in Chester, Illinois is pleased to announce we have expanded our diagnostic imaging with the recent installation of the new Siemens SOMATOM® Definition AS CT scanner that produces excellent image quality while reducing patient radiation dose. Applying the lowest radiation dose possible is of the utmost importance for patients to be protected from unnecessary radiation. The innovative Dual Energy technology delivers crisp images and helps to aid in metal implant artifact reduction to better view the anatomy. Metal fillings and implants that previously resulted in an undiagnostic image quality are removed with iMAR (Iterative Metal Artifact Reduction). Surgical, prosthetic, dental fillings and pacemakers no longer hide anatomy. Another option, unique to the surrounding southern Illinois area, is the Renal Calculi Characterization software. The technology will change the way kidney stone patients are medically treated. The software determines the characterization of kidney stones by differentiating between uric acid and non-uric acid content for more precise therapeutic decisions. This significantly improves the treatment path for patients. Uric acid stones can be treated with oral medication rather than expensive and invasive surgical extraction or shockwave lithotripsy.
Our Siemens SOMATOM® Definition AS CT scanner Offers:
• Updated system design allows for excellent patient positioning and access.
• Advanced technology helps allow the technologist to spend less time at the machine and more time with the patient.
Advanced Dose Reduction
• Applying the lowest radiation dose possible is important for patients to be protected from unnecessary radiation.
• Dose reduction is crucial when imaging children, women of childbearing age, and patients who need multiple X-ray or CT examinations.
• Dual Energy technology delivers crisp images and helps aid in metal implant artifact reduction to better view the anatomy.
• Renal Calculi software determines kidney stone content for more precise therapeutic decisions